This position’s primary responsibilities include assisting with the Company’s SEC filings and audits, reviewing board presentation schedules, and researching accounting pronouncements as needed. The Financial Reporting Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Review of Form 10-K/Q, annual report, related footnotes and all supporting schedules
- Preparation of SEC and GAAP checklists
- Responsible for XBRL process
- Coordination of 401-K and pension audits and assistance with corporate audit
- Preparation and participation with other filings such as Forms 8-K, 11-K and S-3
- Review of quarterly board package and related schedules
- Preparation of quarterly impairment analyses
- Review and assist with the analysis of joint venture formations and reconsideration events
- Research and application of accounting pronouncements that impact the Company’s business
- Serve as a “power user” of the Company’s financial reporting tools to improve operational efficiency of the financial reporting group
- Work on special projects and analysis as required
This position will work with members of the Accounting, Treasury, Legal and Acquisition departments, as well as outside auditors and customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of 5 years of SEC reporting experience required
- CPA and Public Accounting experience required
- Experience with multiple reporting and accounting systems required, CTI/CTI Business Insights experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and proficiency in Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work overtime as required
Weingarten Realty Investors - 11 months ago
Weingarten Realty Investors is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company’s primary business is leasing space to tenants in th...