Financial Reporting Sr Analyst
Financial Reporting Senior Analyst, NAIC Financial Reporting
The individual will be a part of a team of reporting analysts and will work with other NAIC Reporting team members to support implementation of statutory accounting principles, regulatory examination, audit requests and state & federal filings.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, NAIC Reporting. The individual will perform the quarterly and annual NAIC reporting process, including the following:
- Independently prepare the statutory-basis annual and quarterly statements for insurance legal entities;
- Prepare board reports, audit requests, account reconciliation and ad hoc financial requests, on statutory-basis, as needed;
- Perform analysis of the associated NAIC financial information; analyze trends and develop flux explanation by coordinating with other members of finance and actuary;
- Identifies, develops and maintains efficient processes, controls and data management;
- Potential to review work and provide basic training to junior staff in the long-term.
Minimum 3-5 years financial reporting experience;
Minimum BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred;
Experience with statutory-basis accounting/reporting is preferred. Experience with IFRS is a plus;
Proactive and engaging attitude, with a strong desire to learn and succeed;
Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and to quickly shift priorities in a dynamic environment to meet the various deadlines;
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills;
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with knowledge of Excel, Access, and Word. Experience with Hyperion
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
Possess a high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information.
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Chartered in 1865, Sun Life Financial and its partners today have operations in key markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, and Bermuda.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE), and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF. For more information, visit
Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career.
Sun Life Financial Wellesley
One Sun Life Executive Park
Oct 19, 2013, 10:59:00 PM
Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate...