se² is a leading provider of end-to-end business processing and technology solutions to the life insurance and annuity industry. We thrive on learning and applying leading edge technologies rapidly and effectively. We balance our enthusiasm for new technology with a pragmatic approach and are committed to building high quality systems that deliver real business value. se² provides a broad array of traditional and alternative service options to lower costs and increase service choices with high quality and innovative service solutions while allowing firms to focus on core sales, distribution, and block management.
The Financial Reporting Staff Accountant performs accounting work for the financial reporting function for annuities and mutual funds, asset management and broker/dealer operations within the se² Finance Operations Department that is responsible for all accounting practices, financial reporting, and financial statement preparation and tax activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Posts and balances ledgers for annuities, mutual funds, broker/dealer operations and asset management, including monthly financial statements and applicable regulatory reporting
· Verifies, balances, and reconciles various kinds of transactions and reports
· Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents
· Assists with the GAAP audit and preparation of GAAP audit reports
· Assists with the preparation of statutory financial reporting; monthly, quarterly, annual statements and audit and audit reports
· Balance, review and monitor tax withholding process to ensure government agencies are paid accordingly
· Prepare, balance and review 1099 data to ensure proper tax reporting
· Research and monitor current tax regulations, update processing documentation as needed to comply with government agencies
· Bachelors degree in accounting and/or finance or related area
· Non-Accounting majors must have completed at least 18 hours of accounting course work
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines
· Willingness to develop industry related knowledge
· Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
· Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively communicate with all levels of management
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Flexible team player
· Knowledge of IRS Regulations and IRC Code Sections related to Life Insurance, endowment and annuity contracts
se² offers a competitive salary and benefit packages. Interested candidates should apply online to www.se2.com and fill out a complete resume and application.
Send This Job to a Friend
Security Benefit Web - 9 months ago