The Financial Coordinator educates customers on matters concerning insurance coverage for Skilled Nursing services, as well as provides education and assistance in exploring and applying for Medicaid in a Nursing Home setting. Evaluates and assesses financial eligibility for Medicaid based on income and resource guidelines established by the New York State Medical Assistance Program. Maintains Medicaid eligibility for active, long term residents.
- Meet and interview residents or families to discuss and explain insurance information and financial responsibility with regard to co-pays and NAMI
- Review information obtained from admissions and from resident/family interview to determine Medicaid eligibility
- Educate resident/family on Medicaid eligibility and application process
- Communicate documentation requirement for the Medicaid application with the resident, next of kin, responsible party, or any other person designated as a representative of the resident
- Collect and assist with the gathering of documents for the Medicaid application, submission of Medicaid application
- Follow up with Medicaid staff on application status, eligibility issues
- hares financial information with billing staff to facilitate accurate Medicaid/NAMI billing