Are you a number cruncher?
Are you interested in breaking down student accounts, ensuring students have documents needed for financial aid and working with military students?
We are looking for individuals that would love to help students excel in earning their degree. The Accounts Receivable Specialist would work hand in hand with students to ensure they have a seamless experience while earning their degree and allow them to not worry about their financial aid. As an Account Receivable Specialist you will need to be a problem solver and a solution seeker.
The Financial Services Accounts Receivable Specialist advises and assists students and parents with the educational funding process within a centralized student finance structure. Additional responsibilities include providing information on student finance options and monitoring individual student funding levels in conjunction with the student’s assigned Student Advisor. The Financial Services Advisor reports directly to the Financial Services Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Communicate institutional policies and procedures to students by conducting phone consultations
- Counsel continuing students to ensure they successfully submit all necessary financial aid documents in a timely manner.
- Guide students to complete the appropriate forms by providing the information they need to fully renew their student financing process.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and Institutional Policies governing Title IV student aid programs
- Communicate with students via phone, email, etc. to answer inquiries on educational funding questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Provide excellent customer service to students and parents
- Conduct and complete activities via CampusVue
- All other duties as assigned
- Responsible for resolving accounts receivable balances on student accounts and communicating with students on collection efforts
- Conduct on-going meetings with Student Advisor staff members to communicate student needs and identify issues for resolution.
- Prepare, review, and take appropriate action on reports such as account aging, student activities, etc.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Student finance experience and knowledge of federal student aid programs and regulations is preferred.
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Experience in an educational setting or a finance background is required.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers and @BPEdCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...