Responsible for the evaluation and extension of credit to customers of Agilysys. Collects receivables, monitors risk and makes recommendations regarding risk reduction strategies.
Places collection calls/emails to customers in assigned queue or on an as needed basis as determined by need. This includes negotiating payment arrangements as well as building relationships with customers in order to understand their needs and issues.
Utilizes and interprets credit reports, financial statements and related information to determine appropriate credit limits for new and existing customers. Analyzes, assesses and reports on risk of potential new accounts and makes recommendations to management regarding risk reduction strategies and alternative financing methodologies.
Reviews orders to be released and releases orders as deemed appropriate based on risk assessment.
Works closely with the business operations team on customer billing issues including: EDI issues, adjustments, pricing, disputes, returns and other miscellaneous issues.
Identifies problem accounts, write-offs and related adjustments. Prepares month-end customer statements, reports and account reconciliations on as needed basis.
Communicates with sales team regarding past due accounts, credit limits, invoice issues, etc. as deemed appropriate.
Maintains compliance with required internal controls
Assists with training and mentoring as requested by Financial Services Manager
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related business degree and one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Upholds confidentiality
- Able to manage day-to-day activities and exercise independence
- Ability to change strategies to match the needs of the situation
- Ability to analyze the impact of decisions before executing them
- Demonstrates positive behavior toward self and others
- Experience with Oracle and GetPaid collection software is a plus
- Occasional customer and Agilysys location visits may be required
- Required hours may be altered at month/quarter end to accommodate sales demand