The cashier position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to student accounts. Duties may include accepting payments, providing copies of billing statements and answering questions related to students’ accounts.
- Counsel students and or parents concerning available payment options on account balance after financial aid award.
- Alert financial aid advisors when errors or discrepancies are discovered on student accounts.
- Approve or disapprove students walk in transcripts or verifications.
- Process call in credit card payments through IC Verify.
- Receive payments on student accounts and process daily reports.
- Answering questions and giving estimates regarding cost of attendance.
- Answer questions regarding student accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by head cashier
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some college hours preferred.
- College or university experiences a plus.
- Ability to use department’s current computer hardware and software.
- Ability to counsel students in a caring, positive manner.
- Is able to demonstrate good judgment and cross-functional awareness.
- Possesses a financial/numeric aptitude.
- Is self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and makes a positive impression on others.
- Is customer service oriented, committed to quality, and has strong communication skills.