Primary Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to lead the staff person for the integration of financial literacy into the Food Bank’s earned income tax credit efforts as well as other Food Bank programs. This position will play the pivotal role in program development, training, implementation and technical support throughout the Food Bank’s network; integrating multi-platform financial literacy, counseling and asset-building strategies that support the needs of our programs and the clients they serve.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the maintenance of the Financial Counseling components of our Tax Services Program including but not limited to Save USA and other asset building projects plus the Jobs Plus initiative;
- M onitor program compliance to ensure that the programs meet annual goals and assist with submission of grant reports;
- Coordinate technical support and field supervision of the program and train staff in operations procedures and training facilitation;
- Oversee and facilitate all cross-training Program staff implementing financial counseling into other program areas of the Food Bank Programs Division including but not limited to Benefit Access, School Nutrition, Member Services;
- Collaborate with volunteer department in training and assigning volunteers to participating organizations goals with the Financial Services and Tax Programs;
- Contribute to the design/writing of implementation tools and guides for the Financial Counseling program;
- Creating and updating Food Bank Financial Counseling components to be integrated into the different programs at the Food Bank;
- Collaborate in the revision of curriculum materials and implementation of evaluation activities;
- Supervise permanent and temporary staff in implementing asset-building and other financial literacy tools within the tax and other projects at the Food Bank;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic, Finance or similar field required;
- Certification in financial education/counseling preferred;
- Experience in delivering financial education;
- Two years experience in staff supervision;
- Excellent administrative, organizational and project coordination skills, attention to detail and experience with public speaking and training facilitation required;
- Strong interest and familiarity with economic empowerment, , public benefits, anti-poverty policy issues required;
- Experience and willingness to work with diverse audiences and the ability to collaborate with representatives from partner schools and organizations;
- Proficiency in all MS office applications required;
- Women and minorities strongly encouraged to apply;
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages a plus.
Food Bank For New York City was founded in 1983 to address the growing needs of people seeking emergency food assistance in New York City....