Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our company get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Financial Services NSLDS Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. The NSLDS Financial Services Specialist reviews in a timely manner all National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS) requests. Additional responsibilities include contacting the Enrollment Advisor to assist in resolving such discrepancies, as well as working with students or parents to provide proper documentation for resolution.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Review the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS) to determine current student eligibility.
- Communicate institutional policies and procedures to students by conducting phone consultations to resolve NSLDS discrepancies.
- Counsel students on the document intake that is needed to resolve any types of discrepancies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal, State and Institutional Policies governing Title IV student aid programs.
- Communicate with students via phone, email, etc. to answer inquiries on possible resolutions for discrepancies on the NSLDS system.
- Provide excellent customer service to students and parents.
- Manage incoming calls and direct students to the appropriate person.
- Conduct and complete activities via Campus Vue.
- Guide students to complete the appropriate forms by providing the information they need to fully complete their student financing process.
- Conduct on-going meetings with enrollment staff to communicate student needs and identify issues for resolution.
- Prepare, review, and take appropriate action on reports to note processing time in REAP of all NSLDS requests.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- One year of experience in an educational setting and a finance background is required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written forms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- BA/ BS degree from a regionally accredited institution is strongly preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...