Job Status: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR - Oak Park Branch
Approx. Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:30 pm and Saturday 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Salary: The person hired into this position will not automatically start at the minimum of the salary range. Progression in the salary range is based solely on performance.
Education/Training: High school diploma or its equivalent.
Experience: Minimum six months of daily, face-to-face customer service and daily handling and balancing large amounts (preferably $1,000 and up) of U.S. currency and coin preferred. Retail sales experience would be a plus.
Skills and Equipment: Keyboarding and personal computer skills required. Must have the ability to use basic office machines (will train). Must have the ability to count U.S. currency and coin. Sales skills preferred (will train). Ability to meet sales goals.
Must be able to work in a close, branch environment with several other associates. Must be available to work applicable banking hours, Monday through Friday, and where applicable Saturday. Heavy customer contact.
After completing a 6 to 8 week Certified FSR Training Program (on-the-job), must be able to successfully pass the Certified FSR Test.
Must be able to present a friendly, professional image for Simmons First. Must possess excellent telephone and customer service skills. Highly sensitive and confidential nature of work. Must maintain punctual and regular attendance. Recognizes that good judgment must be used in displaying professional conduct and a professional appearance. Will have the opportunity to be involved in community and charitable organizations.
General Summary: Financial Services Rep duties may include, but are not limited to, receiving deposits and cashing checks for both checking and savings accounts, opening new accounts (checking, savings, CDs and IRAs), handling other transactions such as credit card payments, loan payments, collections and exchange items, assisting customers with safe deposit boxes, and balancing ATM. Those assigned cash drawer and vault duties will be accountable for balancing daily, as outlined in the Balancing Standards. FSRs will be responsible for providing services at all times in an efficient and friendly manner that will ensure good customer relations. An emphasis will be placed on sales and sales mentality. FSRs will be expected to cross sell Bank products and services on a daily basis, make referrals to the appropriate department when applicable, and meet established monthly sales goals.
Compliance: Insure all deposit documents are prepared and related deposit activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Complete mandatory compliance training modules as required.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position:
Working Conditions of this Position:
- Stooping - bending downward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling - resting on knee(s).
- Reaching - extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing - for extended time periods.
- Pushing - using upper body to press against something with steady force.
- Pulling - using upper body to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects.
- Lifting - use of upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
- Finger Dexterity - using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Grasping - using fingers and palm on an object.
- Feeling - perceiving sensual characteristics of objects including size, shape, texture, temperature, etc. through touch.
- Talking - especially where one must frequently and regularly convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Repetitive Motions - movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Average Hearing - able to hear average or normal conversations and receiving ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities - average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to preapre or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength - Medium Work - exerting to up 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or 10 lbs. constantly.
Mental Activities and Requirements of this Position:
- Work is performed both inside and outside. Subject to weather.
- Subject to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc., which affect the skin or respiratory system.
- Occasional out-of-town travel that may include overnight stays.
- Some to frequent overtime/weekend work required, dependent on location of position.
- Reasoning Ability - Detailed - ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved instructions and to deal with problems involving a few variables.
- Mathematical Ability - Basic - ability to perform very basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard, ounce, and pound Ior their metric counterparts).
- Language Ability - Typical - ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses and good vocabulary.
Simmons First National Corporation - 13 months ago