Posted Rate of Pay
$28,000 - $34,000 Annually
Exempt / Non-Exempt
Classified: Extended Temporary (6 months to 2 years position)
Departmental Contact Phone
Departmental Contact Email
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Review begins on (Continues until position filled)
Full Time/Part Time
Days and Schedule to be Worked
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Limited to current UA employees only
Documents required to be attached electronically with this application
Letter of Interest Resume
Documents that may be attached electronically or mailed directly to department per instructions below
Additional application instructions (include instructions for submission)
The Financial Services Office seeks a full time Financial Services Specialist to coordinate the daily activities and functions of the Accounts Payable and Travel area to ensure compliance and integrity of the FSO Operations unit. The primary function of this incumbent will be accounts payable related with the secondary in travel. This position requires a conscientious individual who will display a high-degree of professionalism, and who possesses skills in setting priorities while managing a wide variety of duties with minimal supervision.
The Financial Services Office (FSO) is part of the Business Affairs division at The University of Arizona, and is responsible for institutional cash receiving, disbursing and accounting/reporting functions. We are a team of over 150 who work to support FSO's mission of providing quality financial services to the institution. These services are provided in an enjoyable team-oriented environment with an emphasis on excellence, strong team values, customer service and e-Business.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please click here .
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement; and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable/Travel process including payment approval, funding, receipt verification and receiving confirmation.
- Process financial documents (Utilities, Check Request, Travel, Purchase Order Invoices) using A/P or FPR screens in the Financial Records System (FRS).
- Work closely with vendors and campus departments regarding payment inquiries.
- Maintain electronic files of financial documents and apply appropriate coding in Docuware imaging system.
- Responsible for balancing voucher create sessions to batch data.
- Responsible for stop payments and reissue of checks.
- Responsible for vendor file maintenance.
- Responsible for properly coding transactions for 1099 tax implications.
- Research and resolve problems with outstanding invoices/vouchers using on-line reporting.
- Research vendor statements for unpaid balances.
- Ensure all discounts are calculated and applied appropriately.
- Ensure financial documents comply with University of Arizona, Human Resource, FRS policy and procedure.
- Maintain various spreadsheets for analysis.
- Responsible for testing systems for upgrades, enhancements or streamlining processes.
- Cross train with other business units to keep workflow current.
- Work closely in a team environment, or independently as priorities can change rapidly.
- Provide training sessions with departments
- Other duties as assigned.
Three (3) years of customer service experience, including at least one year of experience in accounting or finance; OR,
Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field AND one (1) year of related customer service experience; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or a related function which includes accounting course work AND two years progressively responsible experience in a directly related function; OR,
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related function which includes a broad exposure to all areas of accounts payable and accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skill in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines and assist with others at peak times.
- Experience with University of Arizona systems such as PSOS, FRS, SIS, including knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic imaging systems.
- Knowledge of banking processes; ACH, wires, foreign drafts.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is security sensitive due to title or department and requires a finger-print criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Clerical and Office
Departmental Home Page