Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 25,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2013 , we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and the exemplary work environment we provide for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Financial Advisor for our Addison, TX call center.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Financial Advisor helps to ensure the financial security of USAA's membership by delivering comprehensive financial assessments and advice to members.
- Asks questions to discover key information and life events and understand need or problem. Documents relevant information in Client Relationship Management System.
- Assesses member financial situation and goals.
- Uses technical knowledge to identify and articulate need for Investment review, Life Insurance review, and Financial Lifestyle Assessment.
- Develops and delivers simple financial strategy solutions, including financial planning for retirement, investment, insurance, and estate events.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and overcomes objections using basic sales techniques and developing persuasion skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- May perform assessment and/or review or refer member to another specialist.
- Identifies and promotes new business opportunities and referrals for one-to-one relationships.
- As appropriate, introduces the member to a team of specialists to assist with financial planning, bank products, risk management, investment advisory and Trust needs.
- Bachelors Degree or 3 years experience providing investment and life insurance solutions to customers by recommending investment and life products such as managed money, mutual funds, brokerage, term-life, perm-life and annuities based on individual needs.
- 1+ years experience providing investment and life insurance solutions to customers by recommending investment and life products such as managed money, mutual funds, brokerage, term-life, perm-life and annuities based on individual needs.
• FINRA 7
• FINRA 63
• FINRA 66 or 63 and 65
• Life and Health License or life insurance/ annuity sales experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Chartered Life Underwriter or related designation.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...