A financial product and financial service sales specialist; opens new accounts, analyzes credit bureau reports; interviews members in person or by telephone to identify financial needs and sales opportunities; initiates computer-based credit applications; analyzes credit scores and makes routine business decisions; sells financial products and services to members; and answers member inquiries about Bellco products and financial services.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Contacts: Credit union members, other credit union departments, credit union officials and appropriate external financial service providers.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1 year sales or customer service is required; a minimum of 6 months experience with Bellco or in financial services is preferred.
Skills: May have previous loan experience. Working towards B lending authority.
Ability to interact with others in a positive manner, both in person or by phone.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial records via computer terminal.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Demonstrated ability and willingness to identify needs and sell appropriate products.
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, calculator, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, computer printer, ATM, check signer, checkfilmer and security alarms.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Demonstrate Bellco WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Communicate with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by telephone.
- Practice Bellco service standards in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
- Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services.
- Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities.
- Understand and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services.
- Demonstrate remote access financial service devices including Bellco Online Banking, TELLERphone and automated teller machines.
- Open new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting credit applications; refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel for advanced product and service needs.
- Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
- Accurately enter and complete loan applications into the Bellco LPM system.
- Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan-closing documents; disburse loans as required.
- Access member accounts to accurately perform all branch financial service transactions.
- May also be called upon to accurately perform any branch duties.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, job function may necessitate changes in hours or location.
Standing to greet members for several hours a day.
Bellco Credit Union - 30+ days ago