This position will be responsible for providing analytical support to the Sourcing Operations department including the Committee Governance and Contracting Administration areas. Primary job functions include advanced data modeling and packaging of informatics for executive decision-making and business performance monitoring. The ideal candidate will be a key contributor in recommending and defining key measures of operational effectiveness, facilitating the development and implementation of new processes and data reports and participating in special projects.
Build complex analyses using Excel and Access database capabilities. Effectively conduct data collection, scrubbing and translation of relevant data into usable formats for executive decision-making purposes
Routinely prepare reports, make recommendations, and participate in the interpretation and presentation of descriptive and inferential data
Design databases to maintain various performance scorecards and dashboards for tracking key performance indicators
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Analyze data and create reports including:
Contract revenue performance for Executive Business Reviews
Efficiency measurements on key processes (i.e. turn-around-times, service levels, etc.)
Financial value of the national portfolio to include portfolio growth, wins/losses, contract award outcome vs. projections, etc.
Financial opportunity for high ROI contracts
AskContracting resolution statistics and business insights
Contract expiration status reports by discipline
Category Work Plan status
Contract listings with key attributes (i.e. firm pricing, class of trade, etc.)
Ad hoc reporting using data from various MedAssets systems and special projects as assigned
Collect data and produce a monthly Clinical Advisory Services information dashboard that demonstrates:
Timeliness of materials submitted from negotiators
Quality indicators for adherence to category presentation standards
Advisory Committee attendance statistics
Voting outcomes on categories
Statistical analysis of data collected through satisfaction surveys for client Advisory Committees and the Spend Management Board
Maintain all department metrics and report monthly through the SCM Lean Scorecard process
Organize and maintain SharePoint filing system of department analyses
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
MedAssets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.
- BA/BS in economics, accounting, finance, business, statistics, computer science, mathematics, supply chain)
- A minimum of three years of analytic experience, preferably related to analysis of hospital data.
- Experience in working as a data analyst or financial analyst within in the healthcare/medical/surgical/hospital purchasing/materials management industry preferred but not required. We are reviewing candidate’s qualifications from other industries as well.
- Strong database, analytic, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced background with analytic software, including Access, Excel, Excel Services, SharePoint, Visio & SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience in the use of spreadsheets, pivot tables, databases and presentation software is required.
- Knowledge of data warehouse environments & data modeling is desirable.
- Responsible for prepares tables, charts, graphs or spreadsheets in a clear, concise and easy to understand manner for inclusion in reports and presentations as needed.
- Manage, pull reports and extract data from external databases; creates queries and reports, exports data while ensuring data integrity.
- Queries, processes and analyzes data. Forecasts outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of complexity and tight deadlines.
MedAssets is at the center of improving the quality and effectiveness of the healthcare industry. From establishing best practice value for...