The Statistical Analyst with analyze large sets of internal and external data using proven statistical modeling techniques that are used to predict customers’ credit and behavioral patterns. Execute customer analytics and data mining projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, data manipulation, preparation, modeling, and validation. Build and program multivariate models using advanced statistical techniques (GLMs, regression, CHAID, clustering, decision trees, etc.) and proven software to predict customers’ credit and behaviors patterns. Effectively communicate results from data analytics by explaining in simple terms the methods and findings of the data reviewed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Statistical Model Building – Through analysis of both internal and external data, and discussions with business partners, position should design statistical models that predict customer behaviors and credit worthiness in order to solve the business problem at hand. Position should be able to utilize advanced statistical techniques and software to accomplish the building of these models. Position should explore new statistical analysis and related research techniques and software and presents analysis findings to peers and other groups.
Data Gathering and Analysis – Positions should look at all data variables and assess there predictive tendencies and how they interact with the statistical modeling. Position should identify and source new data variables to enhance the predictive nature of the models. Perform continual analysis on customer credit patterns to develop underwriting policies and procedures that lead to overall growth of the business.
Communication and Reporting – Position should be able to create clear and easy to understand reports that meet the customer needs. Position should also be able to communicate the results of these reports to all levels of management. Work with IT to develop a dashboard of credit and underwriting reports that show the performance of the modeling results.
Project Participation/Management – The analyst will contribute and/or lead project initiatives. This will include project leadership responsibilities and project support roles including business case analysis, project tracking, process mapping, coordination and implementation of programs and initiatives.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or other Quantitative Analytics: Master preferred.
• 2+ years of working in statistical modeling or statistical problem solving environment
• Strong understanding of statistical tools / model building and their application to solve business initiatives
• Must have working knowledge of advanced modeling software and data mining software such as SAS, SPSS, KnowledgeSeeker, Enterprise Miner.
• Advanced skill level in working with all Microsoft Office products
• An analytical mind – demonstrated creativity and initiative in finding solutions to problems
• Experience working with and presenting to all levels within an organization
• Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy in daily work, ability to work independently and meet deadlines required.
• Prior consumer lending experience is a plus
If your finances are touch-and-go, you can go to Check 'n Go. The subsidiary of CNG Financial provides customers with payday loans,...