The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting current and prospective students with all aspects of financial aid. This includes accurately and efficiently advising, packaging, and awarding students their financial aid. Weekly reports on the status of student’s application process will be prepared and distributed.
Job Title: Financial Aid Advisor
Reports To: Financial Aid Manager
HOURS: Full Time – Hours may vary with peak enrollment times
8:00 am – 6:30 pm Tuesday-Thursday (one hour unpaid lunch)
8:00 am – 2:00 pm Friday
8:00 am – 1:30 pm Saturday
And Occasional Holidays
• Counsel prospective students and/or parents regarding financial aid.
• Efficiently assist in the completion of the FAFSA, Stafford loan application and other financial aid documentation as needed with the incoming students.
• Review financial aid package with student.
• Verify accuracy of the students ISIR.
• Accurately package financial aid awards in the SCT Banner system.
• Tracking and monitoring student’s awards to ensure funds are accurately received on a timely basis.
• Follow up with students on any missing or inaccurate information.
• Adhere to all Federal and State Financial Aid Guidelines.
Associates Degree required, Bachelors degree preferred. Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse group, in a fast-paced environment. Strong computer skills required in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of SCT Banner, Title IV and VA Financial Aid Programs preferred.
Application Process: Submit cover letter (include salary requirements) and resume to:
Loraine Dragon, BOD
Bryant & Stratton College
1259 Central Ave Albany, NY 12205 Or Lgdragon@bryantstratton.edu NO phone calls please.