Manage the teams responsible for operating and maintaining the Hyperion suite of applications, SAP/BW reporting system, and the budget/allocation system. Direct and coach employees on financial projects requiring complex modeling and reporting of data. Create and revise processes to improve the delivery and communication of financial data between companies. Provide leadership implementing new technologies for the budget, shared service and financial reporting processes at Sempra.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Skills / Capabilities:
- Manage the team responsible for operating and maintaining the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) consolidation system for Sempra. This system is the foundation of the internal and external financial reporting for annual reports, SEC 10K’s & 10Q’s, quarterly earnings releases, monthly income statements, monthly cash flow statements and monthly balance sheet statements. Coordinate Information Technology server and network specialists, application and hardware consultants, accountants and planners to resolve system and process issues. Additionally, vision new models and processes to improve the speed and accuracy of financial reports and forecasts.
- (Annualized effort, based on 3-5 year GRC cycle) – Oversee the completion of periodic multi-year regulatory forecast models for projects such as the General Rate Case (GRC), directing and coaching team members in the fundamentals of this important regulatory process. Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables and work to resolve significant issues. Determine appropriate use of team resources over a lengthy case cycle, setting priorities over multiple deliverables. Manage and reconcile the flow of data between Sempra companies.
- Manage the team responsible for operating and maintaining the management reporting systems and the Strategic Planning system at the Corporate Center. Coordinate the reporting and flow of multi-year detail budget data between Corporate Center and Business Unit planners. Advise planners and senior management on shared service allocation issues, depreciation and return on rate base, overheads, and capital budgets. Determine appropriate use of team resources to deliver multiple projects on a timely basis.
- Manage the team responsible for operating and maintaining the SAP/BW reporting systems. Recommend system and process enhancements on a company-wide basis to improve the reporting of financial and forecast data. Develop processes to improve the delivery and communication of financial and forecast data between companies. Provide leadership implementing new technologies for the budget, shared service and financial reporting processes at Sempra.
- Ability and drive to advance an issue or problem from identification through resolution.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary and deadline driven environment.
- Proficient at financial modeling and quantitative analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of accounting concepts of capitalization, depreciation, amortization, cost allocation, labor overheads, and intercompany billings.
- Proficiency in analytical computer applications with strong emphasis in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications.
- Poise and professional demeanor in communications with executives.
- Creative and innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Commitment to excellence and timely results.
- Understanding of company policies, goals, ethics, and basic employment law.
- Proficiency with SAP, SAP/BW, Hyperion Financial Management, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Accounting, Tax, and GAAP.
Bachelor’s degree, area of concentration or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance Economics, or Information Technology. Masters Degree preferred. Professional certification is a plus (CPA, CMA, CFA, etc.). Typically requires a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in Fortune 500 environment, including 2+ years in supervisory capacity.
101 Ash St
State / Province:
The Sempra family of companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sempra Energy - 20 months ago
Sempra Energy was created in 1998 by a merger of parent companies of two long-established, and highly respected, investor-owned utilities...