Job Title: Financial Systems Administrator
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Description: Provide quality assurance for Financial Systems the New York Times utilizes for reporting. Provide production support for all Financial Reporting and Analysis responsibilities. Work with the Financial Reporting and Analysis team to gather information and data to meet the needs of the New York Times Company’s overall business strategy and facilitate decision-making for key constituents around the company.
- Maintenance of company-wide chart of accounts including the entire PeopleSoft and Hyperion Enterprise systems’ internal reporting structures to reflect most current modifications.
- Maintain strong internal controls around the administration of New York Times Company’s financial systems
- Maintain existing reports to reflect accounting system modifications troubleshoot all reporting related issues and provide support to users.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service and support to all business units, corporate financial departments and other internal customers.
- Coordinate with SSC IT Operations and ensure successful completion of the monthly GL and reporting batch processes, including nVision report books and Corporate Hyperion extracts.
- Participate in financial system upgrades and modifications by creating/updating appropriate scripts and documentation, perform system testing, data verification and provide business unit functional support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Three to five years relational database experience.
- Advanced level Excel skills.
- One to three years related experience in a Corporate or Fortune 500 environment.
- Ability to gain thorough understanding of customer needs in order to successfully complete requests for information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, necessary to articulate ideas
and prepare analyses and presentations.
- Detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills, necessary to build and maintain relationships and
interact well across all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and ensure completion of critical tasks.
- Ability to work effectively alone as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, and personal interaction styles.
- Ability to convert complex data into meaningful information so actionable plans can be developed.
- Demonstrate an analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to problem solving.
- Ability to influence and communicate across multiple business units and various levels.
- Good financial analysis and presentation skills.
- Ability to assess, resolve, and inform supervisor of work related issues.
- Strong understanding of general accounting concepts and financial reports.
PREFERRED: Experience with PeopleSoft, Essbase and Hyperion Financial Management highly desirable.
Business Information: The New York Times Shared Services Center, a branch of The New York Times Corporate office located in downtown Norfolk, is the Business Solutions Provider for one of the world's premier media companies.
Company Information: The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
EEO Statement: The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 21 months ago