This position will be responsible for the functional support and maintenance of the Oracle Financials system and the Financials Data Warehouse as well as the support for various Finance policies and other duties associated with an internal Help Desk. This includes providing technical solutions and support to the end user community, identifying, resolving and/or escalating end-user issues encountered in the Oracle Financials system and the Financial Data Warehouse, performing setup tasks in both internal and external systems, and maintaining user security. This position will involve a great deal of user relations, maintenance, and promotion. This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
- Education: Associate's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in information systems, computer science or business administration
- Experience: At least 1 or more years of related experience; experience in a customer service position
- Skills: Basic understanding and application of theoretical knowledge of Accounting or Information Systems; ability to function competently in a team environment; excellent analytical, organizational, reasoning and problem solving skills; ability to interact effectively with campus community and external customers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; computer literacy; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; demonstrated ability to learn new skills independently.
- Physical Mobility: Normally sedentary with some mobility; i.e., able to travel to other campus locations; may require some bending, stretching, pushing as well as lifting of several reams of paper, etc
- Environmental Conditions: Work is usually performed in an office setting. There may be close contact with computer display for long periods of time
- Mental: Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience: Experience in an academic setting; experience in a customer service position
- Skills: Experience with Oracle Financials, database design, knowledge of systems development lifecycle, Query tools.
- Mental: Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations or people, including employee relationships; perform repetitive tasks; ability to prioritize work; ability to maintain confidentiality;
Regular Full Time
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS TEAM
Minimum Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
30183 - 55264 US Dollars Hourly
Carnegie Mellon University - 7 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...