The Orthopedic And Spine Inpatient Surgical (O.A.S.I.S) Hospital was established to set a new standard for excellence and patient satisfaction in the delivery of orthopedic and spinal surgery. OASIS provides excellent patient services and the highest level of care, with the overall goal of improving the delivery of healthcare in Maricopa County and beyond.
The Financial Systems Analyst works under the direction of the Director of Information Technology (IT). The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for support in building applications and coordinating projects with corporate, hospital staff, users, and vendors. This role will maintain the integrity of the Meditech financial application modules and other hospital systems including daily, weekly and monthly system requirements and operations. Will work cooperatively with departmental management to insure optimal usage of the Meditech financial application modules and systems that integrate with Meditech. Stay current with the MEDITECH HCIS upgrades and enhancements and maintains a strong working relationship with the support personnel at MEDITECH.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor‚s Degree in Information systems, Computer Science, Finance, other related discipline or equivalent experience,
- Prior Meditech B/AR experience (experience in Meditech 6.0 Preferred) as well as minimum of 2-5 years hospital experience in hospital information systems including a minimum of 2-5 years experience in systems analysis and project management required
- Background in patient accounting or other related financial healthcare field is preferred
- Must be experienced in systems implementation and analysis methodologies and techniques,
- Fourth generation application development tools and report writing experience.
- Experience with project management tools and methodologies and familiarity with current information and telecommunications technology is essential.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, relevant technical and problem-solving skills, be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Solid knowledge of financial healthcare operations & hospital revenue cycle including billing, reimbursement, contracts, denial management, and managed care provisions
- Previously worked in one of the hospital financial/administrative departments to be automated (i.e., Admissions, Medical Records, Case Mix, Billing/Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll/Personnel, Materials Management, Cost Accounting, Executive Support System, Budget & Forecasting).
- Significant exposure to and knowledge of hospital and financial/administrative department operating policies and procedures.
- Awareness of how, when and to what extent different hospital departments relate to and communicate with one another (e.g. admitting/registering to the billing department, admitting/registration to the clinical departments, the clinical department to the billing department, Medical Records).
- Strong communications skills with the ability to listen well to others.
- Well organized with proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to positively motivate non-subordinate department personnel to desired actions in meeting project goals and time frames.
- Systems installation, maintenance, support and application development.
- Manages medium size projects that may involve one or more departments as well as the integration of systems and processes within and between hospital departments.
- This position is also responsible for the integration of clinical and financial systems as part of the analytical support team.
- The System Analyst provides training, support and documentation for users and meets the reporting needs of management and other hospital staff. Manages and supports system related activities between the hospital and external organizations.
OASIS Hospital - 2 years ago
Oasis Hospital is located in the quieter, more traditional city of Al Ain, in the United Arab Emirates, an easy 90 min drive from the...