- Identifies, recommends and implements best practices pertaining to all facets of the Elite system. Works with finance management to implement best practices and solve system and workflow challenges. Develops and maintains documentation relating to same.
- Serves as "subject matter expert" regarding billing, collections, accounts payable, general ledger and escrow systems to secretaries, attorneys and finance, as necessary. Must also be familiar with the multi-currency aspects of these systems.
- Develops and implements formal training to finance staff, secretaries and lawyers as necessary.
- Analyzes, develops and/or adapts existing Elite and Design Gallery templates to meet unique client requirements. Responsibilities include identification and documentation of requirements and procedures, template development, quality control, rollout to production. Ensures development and maintenance of a well organized library of template functions that attorney and billing coordinators can leverage. Provides instruction to billing staff on proper use of template combinations to achieve maximum client requirements.
- Designs, develops and processes Crystal and/or Business Objects Web Intelligence reports for firm management, attorneys, secretaries and Finance staff in support of internal and external information requests. Maintains well documented library of standard reports that users can run for common requests.
- Ensures timekeeper billing rates and alternative fee arrangements are accurately setup in Elite, documented and enables sophisticated reporting regarding same.
- Identifies, recommends and implements best practices in support of firm e-billing requirements. Provides support and guidance to billing coordinators in setup of new e-billing clients with custom task and activity codes, configuring e-billing electronic file creation, testing and customizing e-billing configurations.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or Computer Science required, higher degree a plus.
- Five to seven years experience with professional service time and billing software from Thomson Elite, as well as collections software such as star* collect or ARCS. Superior knowledge of all aspects of the Elite Enterprise Billing System (within a multi-currency environment), including system setups, master files, proforma edit and billing, credit processing, inquiry and reporting. Strong knowledge of ELBS database structure is essential.
- Strong working knowledge of Elite and Design Gallery template development. Must be able to formulate specifications, coordinate develop and perform quality control.
- Familiarity with major electronic billing client platforms including eBillingHub, DataCert/ShareDoc, Tymetrix360, Serengeti Tracker, Lexis CounselLink and others.
- Experience with creating database oriented reports in Crystal, and/or Business Objects Web Intelligence.
- Expertise with MS Excel spreadsheets, including advanced features such as pivot tables, charts and graphs and formulas. Proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint software necessary.
- Experience with SQL databases and queries.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates exemplary customer service.
- Assertive, courteous, proactive and professional. Possesses the skill to clearly articulate complicated technical subjects to a non-technical audience. Can explain technical concepts and visions for process improvement to upper management.
- Prioritizes, handles multiple tasks simultaneously and is flexible.
- Posses well developed project management skills
- Accurate and timely with completion of all tasks.
- Works independently.
- Thorough and follows through on assigned projects and tasks.
- Works in a team environment and collaborates with others.
- Demonstrates initiative and a consistent ability to identify and communicate opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Works effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse, international and multi-office environment.