Our client, a leader in the education industry, is seeking qualified candidates for a 2 year contract role in Princeton, NJ!
: Supports the Manager of Business Analysis, to define, document, test, train and deliver Data Warehouse technology solutions.
: Serves as the primary functional reporting expert, with broad functional knowledge that covers - Labor/Payroll reporting, Procurement and Payables reporting, and Accounts Receivable and Billing reporting
: Serves as a backup functional reporting expert for Financial Reporting and Sponsored Research reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the functional reporting expert, on the Financial Transformation Project. Effectively teams up with the implementation partner, to proactively focus on Client's business needs as it relates to the implementation of a new DataWarehouse.
- Serves as subject matter expert for gathering and documenting business requirements - broadly focused on addressing broad business problems with specific abilities to: map business requirements to multi-dimensional database structures (e.g., facts, dimensions, attributes, subject areas, conformed dimensions); and communicate data quality and metadata challenges / issues.
- Actively participates in the security design and implementation of the Information Warehouse, as part of the overall security implementation.
- Ensures user requirements are captured accurately and clearly during the analysis and design phase of the project. Ensures requirements are reflective of Client's business needs.
- Translates user requirements to data structures (Data Model) in the new DataWarehouse.
- Keeps self aware of reporting design decisions made during the implementation.
- Validates the DataWarehouse Data Model, as needed.
- Designs ETL mappings.
- Works as a team member on the implementation team and writes functional report design documents along with the implementation partner.
- Builds reports, dashboards and analytics related metrics/cubes, as part of the implementation team.
- Understands the non-reporting, Information delivery needs of the reporting users and translates them into equivalent solutions. Current solutions being ODBC, DB-Links etc.
- Performs system testing tasks, alongside the implementation partner. Contributes to test planning activities
- Troubleshoots data and interface processing issues with the source systems during system testing.
- Works on User Acceptance test planning with the implementation partner
- Participates in developing training and user documentation, in collaboration with the Organization readiness team
- Participates in deployment in collaboration with the implementation partner
- Participates in on-going knowledge transfer with the implementation partner, so as to provide post go-live, primary support for the new Data Warehouse, in the functional areas of Labor/Payroll reporting, Procurement and Payables reporting, and Accounts Receivable and Billing reporting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, technology or business administration
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding of general accounting principles
- 5 years in Business Intelligence (BI), data management, data warehousing, or similar experience
- Broad knowledge in the business functions of purchasing, account payable, general ledger, sponsored research, grants and project accounting, billing, receivables and budgeting.
- Expertise in Labor/Payroll reporting, Procurement and Payables reporting, and Accounts Receivable and Billing reporting.
- Good understanding of the DataWarehouse technology landscape
- Expertise in financial reporting, preferably in a Higher Education setting.
- COGNOS Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio
- Highly skilled in writing COGNOS reports for a wide variety of distributed functional users.
- Experience with star schema architectures, as well as relational databases.
- Fine grain access control (FGAC) programming
- Advanced SQL programming
- Ability to troubleshoot data load issues quickly, in an implementation environment.
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel and Access database management.
- Entity relationship diagramming (ERD), Process flowcharting (VISIO)
- Ability to record business requirements
- Ability to collaborate on fit/gap analysis
- Ability to trace solution design documentation and test cases
- Knowledge of Software development life cycle
- MS Project
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials or similar ERP system