Forest Pharmaceuticals (FPI)
—a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc.—manufactures, distributes and sells Forest’s robust portfolio of products, which treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia. FPI’s sales force serves practitioners, hospitals, managed care organizations and pharmacies nationwide as the first point of contact for information about our health-improving therapies. FPI also operates manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities in St. Louis, Mo., and Cincinnati, Ohio, which include customer services and sales representative support centers. With headquarters in New York City, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
We are seeking a
Financial Tax Accountant
to be responsible for Property (real estate and personal property), Sales and Use Tax and other miscellaneous business filings including preparation, review, analysis, filing and reporting for various geographic locations. In addition, this position prepares workpapers for use by the New York Tax Department for various Federal and State Income/Franchise Tax filings.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Prepare workpapers for federal and state tax filings and handle communications with NY tax personnel
- Review, analyze and file sales and use tax for multiple states on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Participate in sales and use tax audits as needed
- Perform semi-annual review of SAP sales and use tax table and update as required. Serve as a back-up to maintain all sales and use tax functionality in SAP
- Review and process property tax declarations and payments
- Responsible for the proper and timely preparation of business licenses and other required filings
- Perform general tax planning for property, property tax compliance, research on various issues and audit issues as directed by manager
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to minimize property tax expenditures
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure compliance in all tax areas
- Responsible for completing all tax compliance reporting
- Forecast and budget the various tax areas
- Maintain a current knowledge base of sales and use tax laws for State and Local jurisdictions as well as maintaining a broad knowledge of company systems and procedures that impact sales and use tax
- Process and maintain exemption certificates
- Process Form W-9 requests
- Prepare on-going tax related journal entries for self-assessments, as well as monthly journal entries and schedules for closing
- Perform annual and as needed analyses for various distribution scenarios
- Special tax projects as assigned
- Participate in projects to implement transactional tax systems in SAP for other company codes, for example, VAT/GST for Canada
- Maintain monthly schedules analyzing Accrued Liabilites including journal entries as needed
- Assist with other month-end accounting schedules as needed and as time allows
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2 years of corporate tax/public accounting tax experience and/or 4 years related corporate accounting experience
- SAP experience
- Strong MS Office skills specifically with Word and Excel, strong analytical skills, highly motivated individual, self-starter, continual attention to detail, demonstrates commitment to accuracy and quality, good judgment and ability to make sound decisions, flexible to changes in work priorities, excellent oral and written communication skills, successfully communicates among remote groups or organizations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a team and the flexibility to meet tight deadlines.
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...