Babson Capital’s Global Business Development Group (GBDG) is seeking a financial writer. This position plays a key role for the Financial Markets Research team in ensuring professional and high quality editorial content across a variety of research communications and campaigns that support the firm's overall strategy. The preferred location for this position will be Charlotte, NC.
- Develop, write, and edit material for financial publications, investment letters, promotional materials and related communications in print or electronic media.
- Collaborate with analysts, portfolio managers, product managers and marketing team as needed to conceptualize strategy, goals, and key messages and gain pertinent background information for a project prior to writing.
- Assist with ad hoc projects in support of broader team goals.
- Work with firm’s internal Compliance and Legal departments to ensure that all materials are compliant with regulatory requirements and firm guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of financial writing experience—must submit at least two writing samples showcasing recent work
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or similar discipline
- Knowledge of financial industry; familiarity with fixed income markets a strong plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinker, ability to translate complex ideas for a diverse audience
- Detail-oriented, flexible and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; desktop publishing experience a plus
- Experience with FactSet and Bloomberg a plus