The International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) is a nonprofit scientific and charitable organization founded in 1996 whose mission is to ensure the development of safe, effective, accessible, preventive HIV vaccines for use throughout the world. IAVI's work focuses on four areas: accelerating scientific progress; mobilizing public support through issue advocacy and education; encouraging industrial involvement in AIDS vaccine development; and working to assure global access to a vaccine. IAVI is a young, dynamic and mission-driven organization, and the work environment is fast-paced and intellectually stimulating, relying on the high level of cooperation of its committed members.
Job Title: Financial and Information Systems Analyst
Location: New York - Headquarters
The Financial and Information Systems Analyst is responsible for designing, supporting and implementing functionality within Agresso financial system as part of IAVI’s ERP system implementation strategy. The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for configuration, operation, and maintenance of system software, as well as user support and training as relates to financial operations of the organization.
This position participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Financial and Information Systems Analyst ensures the integrity of the data model and is responsible for maintenance of existing reporting suite as well as creating custom reports and ad-hoc queries through the optimization of the reporting tools.
The Financial and Information Systems Analyst will assist in managing the entire life cycle of the implementation of future modules. The position fills a critical role as a technical super-user and assists with the troubleshooting of current implementation as well as design, configuration, testing, and deployment of the future modules. The position will also be responsible for coordinating the resources required within IAVI departments involved in the project, and coordinating communication to key stakeholders, internal and external.
Operations and Support
- Provide support to end-users and super-users
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of system data and key processes
- Maintain Roles and Users
- Prepare consistent training materials for end-user training and ongoing operational support
- Act as the primary resource for custom report writing
- Coordinate and engage the required resources across the ERP users consistent with business requirements and system design
- Maintain issue log for the project
- Escalate issues in an appropriate and timely manner both internally and with the vendor
- Development of support (documentation) materials
- Conduct training sessions and coordinate global deployment of new modules
- Coordinate system patches and upgrades, as required, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Configure/add new functionality as necessary
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Assist in solution build and configuration of the individual Agresso software modules
- Prepare the procedures the users will follow during testing
- Document test results
- Create business requirement documents for all interface development
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical/accounting major (IMS, systems engineering, information science, accounting information systems)
- Knowledge of Agresso Business World and related applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage system issues and bring to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional team without direct reporting responsibility to the project manager
- Must possess ability to implement process improvement ideas
- Must have proven problem resolution skills
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, vendors, partners, and executives
- Must be flexible and work with a high level of initiative
- Must have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience working with SQL a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and abilities to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
IAVI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from diversity candidates.