Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as availability and delivery schedule.
- Prepares purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Establishes, monitors, and works to improve key supplier metrics for assigned suppliers.
- Monitors delivery of purchase orders and expedites delivery of goods to users as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree or equivalent and a minimum of two years related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training or experience will be considered. Experience with Demand Flow Technology/Just In Time concepts desirable as well as previous procurement experience with electrical/mechanical products. Experience with SAP in a Purchasing or Production Scheduling role highly desirable.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPIM, CIRM, or CPM certification desirable
Joerns Healthcare Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job related criteria.