WS Packaging's Mason location is looking for a 2nd Shift Finisher (1:50 p.m. to 10 p.m.).
The Finisher position is focused on preparing the final product for shipment to the customer. This position follows standard work and ensures that the quality of the product is according to the standards of WS.
May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
- Operates a turret machine. Set up machine, add rolls and remove them.
- Ensure core tags and quantity tags are added.
- Pack rolls or sheeted jobs and placed on skid.
- Work closely with Press Operator to ensure efficient production times by helping make, tape and pack boxes.
- Perform quality checks on labels for any imperfections.
- Understands and follows splice procedure.
- Responsible for verifying all information on factory order.
- Responsible for tailing press or working at the rewinding tables to expedite when needed.
- Responsible for weekly maintenance (general cleanup) on machine and work area.
- Perform 6S scans and address issues in a timely manner.
- Follow standard work as defined by Management.
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel requiring the ability to clearly communicate both verbally and written. Effectiveness in this role requires an in-depth knowledge of client requirements with regard to quality; safety regulations including the safe use of chemicals related of the printing process; record keeping techniques; standard software application. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
Requires a minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing. Meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills with strong ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass color vision and color hue tests.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Willingness to be a cross-functional employee that can work with multiple teams within the organization to achieve success
- Capable of devising multiple alternative solutions based on limited assumptions and information
- Ability to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
Has contact with all levels of company employees and in some cases external customers. Primary internal customers include operations: Press Support, Management, Finishing, and Quality teams.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area, also write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs. may be required. Vision: close vision, distance and color vision to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception as well as the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Must be able to work overtime as required by workload and customer mandated deadlines. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is generally not eligible for relocation benefits.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.