ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. :
- Understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles (attached).
- Adhere to mandatory daily stretch, safety requirements.
- Meet attendance standards.
- Practices and sustains Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
- Treats others with respect.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Meets productivity expectations and standards.
- Sets up rewind machine to cut and rewind specific counts per customer order.
- Runs orders, fills out core labels to identify order, and stacks orders on carts.
- Keeps orders separated by size, city, UPC or plant numbers
- Checks rolls while running for misprinting; report error to pressman and supervisor
- Cuts out “bad” labels on rolls and splices rolls.
- Directs errors to rework area
- Rotates through rework area to rework “bad” rolls
- Clean rewind machine or turret machine as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Operate turret machine
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have experience / or in depth knowledge of Flexo printing
· Quality conscious and customer focused
· Self-directed individual with outstanding decision making and problem solving skills
· Above average comprehension, verbal and written communication skills
· Interpersonal skills working within a team environment.
· Working knowledge of quality programs, however training will be considered for individual that meets all other qualifications listed here.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form..
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Outlook and have the ability to learn company specialized software programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. - 18 months ago