Position Title |
Finishing Machine Tender
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life. With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work. MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut materials
• Assure that Standard Operating Procedures are followed through all processes of make ready, operation and maintenance on the Die Cutting Machine.
• Maintain and control all documentation pertaining to the set-up, operation, quality control and maintenance of the Die Cutting Machine.
• Mentor, monitor and direct all helpers assigned to the Die Cutting Machine.
• Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting machines.
• Basic computer skills.
• Adjust machine controls to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
• Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Maintain safe work habits and a safe working environment in the Die Cutting area.
JOB WILL INVOLVE THE ABILITY TO:
• Perform continuous standing and walking
• Bend, twist, climb, squat, kneel occasionally throughout the shift.
• Uses hands for simple and power grasping, as well as push, pull and fine manipulation.
• Work at and/or below shoulder level.
• See fine detail in printed product along with checking for color accuracy.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Ability to determine cause(s) of operating errors and decide what to do about it
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. (Does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem)
Additional hours above regular scheduled shift may be possible to cover for absences or vacation days and to meet production needs.
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 23 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...