Exercises judgment where appropriate in managing and ensuring the efficient operation of the Finishing Department. Held responsible for quality, equipment condition, safety, the efficient operation of the gluers and production scheduling and planning of product to be produced in the Finishing Department.
Instructions : This portion should include Principal Duties and Responsibilities for a position. Include only those current duties and responsibilities that account for 5% or more of the work.
- Responsible for managing foremen and/or shift leaders and has ultimate responsibility for all hourly Finishing Department employees. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversees the daily operation of gluers and ensures that production efficiencies and overall productivity meets or exceeds established standards. Responsible for solving production problems.
- Responsible for raw material purchases for the Finishing Department.
- Has overall responsibility for maintenance of equipment and coordinates maintenance requirements to minimize operational impact.
- Assures the department maintains quality standards and coordinates with the QA Department to ensure adherence to customer quality standards.
- Works to maintain a safe work environment and develops and implements safety procedures to aid in achieving departmental safety goals.
- Responsible for production scheduling and planning of product to be produced in Finishing. Strives to achieve minimum waste of product to meet profit goals.
- Ensures that AIB/ISO standards are maintained.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess excellent organizational skills and people skills in order to successfully manage and meet the goals of a sizable department.
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic Packaging...