With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe … we call them our “Strength Within".
(Start Rate: $16.69 Per Hour)
Hexcel is currently seeking Finishing Operators for its Casa Grande, Arizona facility.
SUMMARY: Processes nonmetallic slices through either a blowout machine or wash and dry area process in order to remove excess saw dust from cell walls. Manages partial slice jobs. Operates a band saw to process nonmetallic core into customer required part sizes as designated by the finishing goods routing. Packages finished product in compliance with manufacturing and customer specifications. Repairs and reworks a wide variety of nonconforming materials ( except materials containing uncured HP-852 adhesive) in order to meet the customer specifications and dimensions. Assists in maintaining system integrity that affects on hand inventory, production schedules, manufacturing order accuracy and MRP II accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following:
- Works with planning, scheduling, Facilitators, Shift Coordinators and Engineers to manage work priorities to support and schedule the various demands from each group.
- Uses a variety of tools and the rework oven to repair and rework nonconforming materials including splicing/adhesive cure, tacking open nodes, cleaning fuzz, cleaning plugged cells and excess resin blisters or other contaminates. Splices prime cure and dipped sections ranging from 4" thick to 12" thick. Maintains and cleans tools as required. Rework material for density, dimension and cell count. NOTE: Finishing Operators are prohibited from performing any rework/splicing operations on any product that contains uncured HP-852 adhesive.
- Uses light inspection table to perform a visual inspection of the material. Identifies and repairs all discrepancies before the material is moved into the source area.
- Prepares and submits monthly test samples of splicing on various materials to QA for testing to ensure the integrity of the splice line.
- Operates and maintains a moving band and table saw. Calculates number of pieces that will come from each slice and maximizes the yield from each slice. Uses templates for sawing special glass parts, which require various sizes of parts from each side.
- Trims a variety of materials including but not limited to HRH 10, HFT, HRH 327, HRP, HTP, Nomex Flexcore, HRH 310, and Korex.
- Visually inspects core for quality and dimensions on all slices prior to trimming.
- Utilizes sales order and sales order information to determine proper packaging methods.
- Uses air powered equipment to construct boxes and pack product.
- Inputs and receives information from a computer to log out test pieces, print sales orders and labels.
- Following in due date; order processes a variety of materials as HRH 10, Nomex Flexcore, or Korex through the blowout booth or slice blowout machine. Processes a variety of glass products such as HRP, HTP, HFT, and HRH 327 through the wash station and then dries the slices in an oven.
- Works with scheduling to manage daily priorities. Coordinates movement of partial jobs to complete orders and moves them into source or shipping. Ensures all partial inventory reporting and movement of material reporting is accurate and complete (Delegated Source for Boeing).
- Uses a forklift, cart or lowboy to move blocks from area to area. Delivers completed jobs to shipping or source.
- Inspects and cleans core in node repair.
- Color-codes and tags material per routing as required. Visually inspects the quality of the material and routing to ensure the core is in good condition and meets specifications. Ensures that the routing is accurate prior to moving the material. Identifies discrepant material and forwards to the QRB or node repair.
- Gathers data from production work centers and inputs MRP inventory transactions.
- May perform shop floor transactions to record movement of jobs in process.
- Closes and performs receipt transactions.
- Tracks all open orders to ensure completion to schedule and to identify and expedite manufacturing shortages.
- Ensures that products meet customer specifications and expectations.
- Works in a team environment to reach consensus decisions within the guidelines and boundaries established by the company, and maintains constructive relationships with co-workers.
- Utilizes JHA's, safe work practices, and other safety tools, including appropriate personal protective equipment, to perform job assignments in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates at all times in compliance with the Hexcel Casa Grande Quality System and Quality Policy.
- Complies with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent. Minimum of one-year experience required, preferably in manufacturing. Must be proficient in use of tape measure and ruler. Basic working knowledge of computer data entry function preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Hexcel Forklift Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with mechanical or human assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme oven heat and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Eligible candidate must be: U.S. citizen, U.S. national, a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence, a temporary resident under sections 210(a) or 245(A) of the Act, a person admitted in refugee status, a person granted asylum. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepegs and other fiber reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibers and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products
Hexcel Corporation - 18 months ago
Maricopa-Stanfield Irrigation & Drainage District
- 9 days ago
Hexcel Corporation (Hexcel) is an advanced composites company. Hexcel develops, manufactures and markets lightweight, high-performance...