The City of Olathe Fire Department is seeking a Fire Analyst. This position will be responsible for the coordination of selected procedural and administrative aspects of the Olathe Fire Department. Will perform specific and comprehensive analysis of the budget activities, organizational policies and procedures for Fire Department Services.
- Participate in the development of the Fire Department’s annual budget and prepare supporting documents as necessary
- Review existing Fire Department revenue sources, performance agreements, and contracts to ensure compliance with specified agreements.
- Analyze and prepare regular statistical and fiscal reports, prepare special reports relating the progress of specified Fire Department activities.
- Manage information sharing system for the department that ensures the flow and monitoring of relevant information between work groups.
- Provide analysis of revenues and expenditures of the Fire Department; recommend amendments to the budget as appropriate.
- Obtain and review intelligence reports, analytical products and other associated materials for the purpose of determining trends, problem correlations and other strategic analytical needs from a fire service perspective and for the safety of department responders.
- Review terrorism information bulletins from multiple sources to determine local relevance and prepare appropriate special bulletins for dissemination.
- Utilizes analytics and geospatial analysis to help coordinate department activities.
- Support agency accreditation requirements including: Standard of Cover, Fire and Emergency Services Self-Assessment, Risk Assessments and various response performance and deployment analysis.
- Compile and analyze data and make recommendations on the formation of Fire Department policies, procedures, staffing, and organizational services.
- Represent the City in organizational meetings as required.
- Work with the City Auditor as requested.
- Conduct surveys, perform research, and prepare recommendations and coordinator City Council reports as they pertain to the Fire Department.
- Assist with Fire Department cost of service studies; analyze rates, fees and taxes; and propose ordinances detailing revenue fee adjustments.
- Serve as an Intelligence Liaison Officer to the KCTEW.
- Perform duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
This position requires three years of increasingly responsible and professional analytical experience in the areas of budget, finance, project management, research, or statistics. A combination of these areas is preferred.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, or a related field required.
Successful candidate will have Knowledge of: Firehouse software and other applicable large dataset analysis software systems. Experience and working knowledge of GIS software, Statistical and modeling software, Computer programming, I.E. SQL, Visual Basic, Crystal Report, and SQL System Reporting Services.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Monday - Friday
All applicants must pass an in-depth background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen.