Supervises shift activities of Firefighters and volunteers as assigned; trains and disciplines subordinate employees; provide and perform fire suppression, emergency medical response and fire prevention services to the community (including fire district contract, and mutual aid agreements) through proactive and reactive service delivery.
Knowledge of :
· Fiscal management, including budget preparation, expenditure control, and record maintenance;
· Current management, leadership and supervisory principles and practices;
· Current and proposed legislation and laws of the local, state, and federal governments that affect the shift supervised;
· Plan reviews of new construction and fire inspections of private residences, businesses and public buildings.
· Current fire suppression and prevention techniques, practices, procedures and methods;
· Current fire protection systems, including sprinkler and alarm systems and fire hydrant location;
· Perform public education activities by conducting tours of station facilities and providing basic information of fire district activities to the public;
· Current safety standards, procedures, and precautions utilized in firefighting activities;
· Geography and street system of the City and location of major buildings;
· Emergency medical practices and CPR procedures;
· Safe and appropriate use of firefighting equipment and related tools.
· Investigation techniques of fire incidents consistent with established fire scene management guidelines by securing the fire scene, identifying evidence and providing written and verbal reports of the incident;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Education : High School or G.E.D.
Experience : T raining or course work in fire sciences and four (4) years of fire service experience in a fulltime capacity.
Training/Certifications: Certification as EMT Basic and Colorado State Firefighter I or equivalent
Possession of a valid Colorado driver’s License or ability to obtain same within 30 days of employment; must maintain licensing and certification, once attained, continuously throughout employment. Minimum 21 years of age at time of hire.
City of Sterling - 20 months ago
The City of Sterling provides this sales tax online application for your convenience. It is protected with a secure socket layer (SSL)...