PAE is currently seeking a Fire Chief to support an exciting new mission in support of the National Science Foundation’s Antarctic Operations.
The Fire Chief:
US Citizenship is required.
- Is responsible for the organization and implementation of the USAP fire prevention, suppression and emergency medical response plans, including development, through study and consultation with other officials, of the recommendations and plans for the protection of life and property within Antarctica.
- Acquires and maintains an extensive knowledge of department rules and regulations, program administrative procedures and the SOPs of the department.
- Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Science desirable, or major course work in fire administration, public administration, or related field, or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Certification to the level of Fire Officer is required.
- Minimum 10 years military or civilian current NFPA firefighting and ARFF certification is required.
- EMT Certification is required.
- Should be familiar with USAF and NFPA instructions to include AMCI 11-208 and related publications.
- Ten years of diversified fire fighter/fire department administration experience in recognized fire department supporting industrial, petroleum, civilian or military airfield and construction settings.
- Individual must have solid supervision, leadership and administration experience to include budgeting, staffing, hiring, equipment design and procurement.
- Executive Fire Officer and Chief Fire Officer certification is desirable.
- Hazardous Materials Specialist certification is desirable.
- Specific experience in cold and remote regions is preferred.
PAE is an equal opportunity employer and drug- free workplace.
From our founding in 1955, PAE has offered exceptional integrated global mission services to a wide range of customers, including the U.S....