1. Report for duty 15 minutes before your tour to receive briefing
2. Be in FULL uniform to include (Tie, Black Belt, Black Socks, Company ID, NYS Guard License and Fire Guard F-60 or F-01)
3. Be alert during your shift
4. Familiarize him/her-self with all security drills and security procedures (Post Orders)
5. Maintain duty registers and log books as prescribed for the Post
6. Verify and take charge of equipment from previous Officer
7. Prevent access to any unauthorized persons inside the premises/facilities
8. Politely answer any inquiries of visitors and direct them to the appropriate authorities/staff inside
9. Check all personnel and vehicles for identity before allowing entry
10. Make ‘Rounds’ as stated in your Post Orders
11. Complete Visitor(s) Passes of entry and exit of personnel.
12. Maintain logs of materials, vehicles and equipment
13. Maintain Gate Pass Register for outgoing materials and stores
14. Monitor behavior of suspicious persons, movement of vehicles and advise Captain or Dispatch
15. Never leave your post until such time as you are relieved by another officer (Mandatory 4hr to 8hr Hold Over)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
2. Ability to stand for 8 to 12 hours
3. Able to detect and report suspicious characters, movements and dangerous situations.
4. Possess good memory to remember all the codes and standard security procedures.
5. Minimum High School graduate.
6. Computer Literate if dealing with security codes, passwords for entry/exit.
Griffin Security - 7 months ago