Hiring Salary: $46,920- $57,167
The Fire Inspector III is responsible for the fire prevention and fire inspection activities of the jurisdiction. This position serves as a manager and directs all field and training activities of the division and integrates the jurisdiction’s goals into the day-to-day operation of the division.
The position requires a minimum of three years of experience in a related field. Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with six-months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Position also requires a valid Driver's License, International Code Council Fire Inspector I & II certification or National Fire Protection Association Fire Inspector I & II certification. Position also requires Arizona State Fire Instructor I.
The ideal candidate will possess good communication skills and customer service skills. Strong fire code knowledge 3 years or more with experience conducting existing occupancy inspections is preferred.
Only a limited number of the most highly qualified applicants meeting the City’s requirements will be invited for an interview. Examination process for this position will include:
First Year Objectives:
FIRE INSPECTOR III OBJECTIVES
· Attend Goodyear Employee Orientation (GEO)
· Schedule and conduct fire inspections of assigned medium and high risk occupancies without assistance.
· Demonstrate ability to understand and interpret the hazardous materials chapters in the 2006 Edition of the International Fire Code .
· Demonstrate effective time management skills.
· Assist Suppression and Litchfield Park personnel, when requested.
· Begin managing, with assistance, assigned programs (Annual Permit Program, Fire Protection System Report Review, Fire Prevention Assistance Team)
· Demonstrate ability to perform assignments with little or no supervision.
· Manage, with minimal assistance, assigned programs (Annual Permit Program, Fire Protection System Report Review, Fire Prevention Assistance Team (FPAT)
· Develop, enforce and interpret policies and procedures relating to fire prevention activities.
· Compile weekly fire suppression, fire prevention and Litchfield Park fire prevention activity information for submittal to supervisor.
· When requested, provide training to suppression personnel.
The City of Goodyear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any applicant requiring additional assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department for accommodations. Prior to appointment, selected candidate(s) must pass a motor vehicle record check, criminal history check, and, if necessary for the position, a physical evaluation and/or credit history check. The City of Goodyear supports a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
The Smoke-Free Arizona Act is to protect Arizonans from the harmful effects of second-hand smoke; therefore, the City of Goodyear prohibits smoking in all designated "no smoking" areas, including enclosed areas and areas within 20 feet of the entrances (except for patios). www.smokefreearizona.org (A.R.S. § 36-601.01)
City of Goodyear, AZ - 16 months ago