The Fire Management Specialist shall provide extensive fire and life safety services to the Farmingdale State College community including:
1) Provide emergency response to fires, fire alarms, hazardous material spills and any other emergency conditions.
2) Conduct fire drills each semester and evaluate effectiveness of evacuations.
3) Investigate, inspect, evaluates and maintain all fire sprinkler, fire pump, fire extinguisher and fire alarm systems campus wide to ensure compliance with NFPA Standards and Codes, NYS Fire Code, OSHA and any other applicable standard.
4) Evaluates facilities/equipment to identify unsafe conditions and develops preventive maintenance schedules.
5) Complete inspection and deficiency reports and provide follow up to ensure corrective action is taken.
6) Design and conduct fire/life safety training for college community.
7) Prepare and distribute written inspection reports in a timely manner.
8) Assist with development of building emergency plans, evacuation plans, and fire department preplanning activities.
9) Advise departments and provide interpretations and or recommendations on fire code compliance.
10) Review construction documents and other applicable plans and advise based on relevant code/standard compliance.
11) Issue fire and life safety permits in accordance with campus policies.
12) Act as liaison with local fire departments and State Fire Marshal’s Office.
13) Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate degree in Fire Science, Fire Protection, Fire Prevention Technology or related field. Three years experience in a career fire department or five years experience in a volunteer fire department as an active member in good standing. Must have experience in sprinkler and fire alarm operating systems. Must have, keep and maintain appropriate certifications in relation to the position.
1) Experience in fire/emergency spill response.
2) Ability to review construction plans and documents, develop and implement fire safety policies, procedures’ and guidelines.
3) Ability to understand and interpret NFPA Standards and New York State Fire Code and any other related codes or standards.
4) Ability to prepare written correspondence to college community and state and local agencies.
This is a full-time position.
For the first 10 working days, beginning November 30, 2012 and ending December 13, 2012 , applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: December 31, 2012
Salary $47,000 - $52,000
State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Farmingdale State College - 15 months ago