The Fire Management Specialist shall provide extensive fire and life safety services to the Farmingdale State College community including:
1) Provide emergency response to fires, fire alarms, hazardous material spills and any other emergency conditions.
2) Conduct fire drills each semester and evaluate effectiveness of evacuations.
3) Investigate, inspect, evaluates and maintain all fire sprinkler, fire pump, fire extinguisher and fire alarm systems campus wide to ensure compliance with NFPA Standards and Codes, NYS Fire Code, OSHA and any other applicable standard.
4) Evaluates facilities/equipment to identify unsafe conditions and develops preventive maintenance schedules.
5) Complete inspection and deficiency reports and provide follow up to ensure corrective action is taken.
6) Design and conduct fire/life safety training for college community.
7) Prepare and distribute written inspection reports in a timely manner.
8) Assist with development of building emergency plans, evacuation plans, and fire department preplanning activities.
9) Advise departments and provide interpretations and or recommendations on fire code compliance.
10) Review construction documents and other applicable plans and advise based on relevant code/standard compliance.
11) Issue fire and life safety permits in accordance with campus policies.
12) Act as liaison with local fire departments and State Fire Marshal’s Office.
13) Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate or Bachelor degree in fire related field.
In lieu of degree, 5 years of directly related full-time experience, or a combination of higher education and experience totaling 5 years may be considered. Three years experience in a career fire department or 5 years experience in a volunteer fire department as a current active member in good standing. Valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State at time of appointment. New York State recognized Hazardous Materials Operations certificate. Successful completion of New York State Basic Code Enforcement training program or must complete within twelve months of hire.
This is a full-time position.
For the first 10 working days, beginning January 15, 2013 and ending January 29, 2013 , applications will be limited to UUP Farmingdale.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
Salary $47,000 - $52,000
State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Farmingdale State College - 2 years ago