Fire Protection and Plumbing Designer
- RKD Engineers is hiring a Fire Protection and Plumbing Designer for our busy Boston office.
RDK Engineers (RDK) is a specialized mechanical and electrical engineering design firm that has been in continuous operation for well over a century. We pride ourselves on the quality of our design, our commitment to sustainability, and our unwavering focus on client satisfaction.
We are a great firm with great people offering great projects. Come join us!
As a Fire Protection and Plumbing Designer you will be an essential part of a team where you will work on a wide range of projects:
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and layout engineering drawings using AutoCAD or other means and draft the design under the supervision of a designer, senior designer, engineer, senior engineer or project manager.
- Perform field surveys to document existing conditions at various facilities.
- Under the direction of a designer, engineer or senior engineer, proficiently perform CAD functions, producing drawings using AutoCAD MEP.
- May assist with other CAD related tasks as requested such as set up of new files, creation of flow or riser diagrams.
- Perform equipment takeoffs for calculation and estimating purposes.
What are the Qualifications and Requirements Need to Succeed?
- Must have a minimum of one year experience developing plans and specifications in technical specialty and have a general understanding of the principles of the discipline he/she is designing.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD; Revit experience is a plus
- Formal training in AutoCAD preferred with 3-5 years of experience in a consulting engineering firm.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with experience using Microsoft Office products.
Have the required skills and experience?
Apply online at: www.rdkengineers.com
RDK Engineers - 4 months ago