LOCATION: EQUITORIAL GUINEA, ANGOLA – WEST AFRICA
INTERNATIONAL POSITION: 45 DAYS ON / 45 DAYS OFF
ROTATION BACK TO UNITED STATES
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for Fire Technicians to p rovide service and repair for fire equipment which typically includes portable and semi-portable fire extinguishers, life saving equipment, fire and gas detection systems, foam systems, dry chemical systems, navigational aids, gaseous suppression systems and water based fire protection systems. These Fire Technicians generally install , inspect, repair, and maintain fire safety equipment and systems in accordance with applicable fire codes in Oil and Gas Environments.
This is an opportunity for a Fire Technician to gain valuable international training and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, inspects, repairs, and tests fire equipment using hand tools, hydrostatic test equipment, and monitoring devices.
- Inspects, tests, and repairs systems such as smoke detectors, sprinklers, and dry stand pipe systems, and pull systems.
- Must be able to undertake field assignments to provide customer service in the areas of servicing and inspection of the following categories of equipment: portable and semi-portable fire extinguishers, life safety equipment, fire detection systems, gas detection systems, foam systems, dry chemical systems, and gaseous suppression systems
- Operate electronic safety and communications systems including portable gas monitors, hand-held radios, and other related equipment. Must be able to work with different nationalities.
- Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and following company policies and procedures. Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent or certificate from college or technical school is required
- Two years of experience in the installation, testing, repair, inspection, and maintenance of fire safety equipment; OR, associated degree or qualification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software.
- Must be self-directed individual capable of working with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills; enthusiastic team player; proficient computer skills.
- Must be prepared to relocate or travel internationally on a rotational basis as required. (Typical schedules: 28/28, 30/30, 45/45)
- Must have current Passport.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience for Junior Level Fire Technician.
- Accommodation and transport provided.
To be considered for this position, apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center at www.totalsafety.com . Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY NON-SOLICITED RECRUITING SOURCES
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 17 months ago