Medcor seeks qualified Firefighters with a state designated/approved firefighter certification to join its growing team across the country in challenging, non traditional health-care settings. Primary function of the Firefighter is to protect life and property by performing firefighting, emergency medical aid, rescue and hazardous environment elimination duties. Administer fire protection through education and inspection and to maintain fire equipment, apparatus, and protective equipment.
Medcor operates the fire department for the Clearwater Paper facility in Lewiston, ID. We have a full-time position available for Firefighter/EMT-B shift work which consists of working 24 hour shifts; 1 on/1 off, 1 on/1 off, 1 on/4 off.
Applicant needs to have a Firefighter I certification or the equivalent of such certification from any state. It is preferred that the applicant have an EMT-B licensure in any state that can be converted to Idaho within one year of employment.
Job duties include participation in all aspects of Medcor’s daily operations at our clients’ place of business by performing all assigned duties that include but are not limited to:
1. Respond promptly to fire alarms and other emergency calls when notified.
2. Perform firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps, laying hose and performing fire suppression.
3. Enter burning structures and advances charged and uncharged hose lines and applies extinguishing agents to fires.
4. Position and climbs ladders to gain access to upper floors for suppression and rescue.
5. Perform emergency medical aid and assistance as required.
6. Perform rescue operations, extrication and search.
7. Wear and properly utilizes self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as required.
8. Effectively communicate verbally by means of two way radio, person to person and in writing through completion of various records, memos, emails, and letters.
9. Attend and participates in drills and training.
10. Participate in fire prevention education and other assigned trainings for client employees.
11. Maintain fire apparatus and equipment. Performs minor repairs to apparatus and equipment; hangs, dries, and tests hoses.
12. Assist in developing pre-plans for fires, medicals, confined space, high/low angle rope rescue, hazardous materials, fire prevention and training.
13. Perform maintenance duties for customers including facility extinguishers & hoses, hydrants, sprinkler systems etc.
14. Safely use hand tools such as axe, pike pole, chain saw, circular saw, shovel etc.
15. Assist or cover the First Aid Clinic utilizing Medcor Patient Care Guidelines.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of fire apparatus driver safety.
2. Ability to perform fire suppression and operate emergency equipment.
3. Ability to perform standard firefighting, emergency medical aid, hazardous material and fire prevention techniques.
4. Ability to perform strenuous or peak physical effort during emergencies, training and maintenance activities for prolonged periods of time under conditions of extreme height, intense heat, cold, smoke, and confined areas.
5. Ability to act effectively in emergency and stressful conditions.
6. Ability to take command at fires, medical emergencies or rescues when no other supervisors are present.
Successful candidates will have at least two years' relevant experience in their field, hold current licensure / certification at the required level and poss solid clinical skills, be self-motivated and productive, display a friendly disposition, and use effective written and verbal communication skills. Computer proficiency is required.
Individuals who receive an offer of employment from Medcor will be required to undergo a drug test and a criminal background check. Medcor offers of employment are contingent upon the successful outcome of a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Medcor, Inc. - 4 months ago