Provides protection and fire prevention in large structures, many of which are multi-storied.
· Operates extinguishing agents, sprinkler systems, and standpipe risers, and knows the location of the main electrical disconnects and gas shutoffs.
· Conducts fire inspections in all buildings and areas of the Medical Center.
· Conducts scheduled classes for all medical center personnel in the proper use of the alarm system.
· Serves as driver/operator of a crew assigned to a 1000 gpm pumper on fire runs.
· Responds to medical emergencies outside buildings and perform non invasive emergency procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned as it relates to the position.
Work Schedule: Firefighter 24 hour Rotating shift to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Position Description Title/PD#: Firefighter/598-7948A
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are NOT authorized for this position.
Department of Veterans Affairs - 30+ days ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...