Employer: City of Winfield
Job Title: Firefighter
COMPENSATION : Pay Rate is $28,654.00 - $38,525.00 annually
TO APPLY : Please go to http://www.winfieldks.org/Jobs.aspx for an application. Send completed applications to HR@winfieldks.org or mail to
Human Resource Dept 200 E. Ninth Ave / PO Box 646, Winfield KS 67156
DESCRIPTION : Under the supervision of the Fire Captain, the Firefighter will be responsible for protecting the lives and property of the citizens of Winfield by performing fire suppression of structural, wild land, aircraft fires, technical rescues, hazardous materials responses, and providing emergency medical care. Maintain department apparatus, equipment and facilities as directed.
This employee should be in excellent physical condition and have the ability to remain poised under extremely difficult and hazardous circumstances. This employee should possess a strong mechanical aptitude, and effective communication and public relations skills. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol test
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application;
- Be a US Citizen and able to prove legal eligibility to work within the United States;
- Be a high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency certificate;
- Have a current certification as an EMT-B by the Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services or National Registry EMT-B.
- Must pass a comprehensive background investigation
Application closing date: July 5, 2013.
- Must provide current IFSAC Firefighter I certification with resume
- Must provide a valid written and physical CPAT test certification with resume (taken within the last 24 months);
- Must meet the City’s Residency Policy Requirement within 3 months.
HR Partners - 13 months ago