Basic Skill Requirements:
Successful candidates will possess a mix of the following knowledge, skills, attributes, and experience:
• Expert security control device skills (firewalls, VPN, proxy, IDS)
• Mid-level (at a minimum) routing and switching skills
• Familiarity with FISMA, NIST, OMB A-130, and other information security-related Federal guidelines
Day to day activities include:
• Provide expert operational/engineering support for the FDIC DMZ and internal infrastructures for Firewalls, ACLs, Proxies, IDS systems, secure email/spam filtering appliances. Support includes configuration changes, troubleshooting, upgrades, and monitoring.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert for of network security issues in production and non-production environments.
• Conduct security product and suite research
• Evaluate, test, and configure various security products
• Install, configure, and implement security hardware and supporting software solutions
• Offer security help desk support and training
• Provide computer security lab services.
• Provide senior level support for the installation, upgrades, configuration changes, and monitoring of network security systems – which includes firewalls, secure email & spam filtering appliances, web proxies, router ACLs, and network based intrusion detection systems.
• Work closely with the Computer Security Incident Response Team within the agency and other Incident Response Teams across the federal space to identify & mitigate network intrusion attacks.
• Work with other Federal agencies and third-party vendors to provide secure email solutions - using industry standards such as TLS, PGP, and S/MIME.
• Absolutely must have worked on either Palo Alto firewalls or Cisco ASA firewalls within the past year.
• Excellent client relationship management skills
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Ability to deal with individuals at all levels
• Security certification such as CISSP, CISM and/or vendor firewall certification, and a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related discipline is required.
Security Clearance Level: Confidential
SNVC - 19 months ago