ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
TCS is seeking a Firmware Developer in our Torrance, CA office.
Design, develop and debug embedded firmware for TCS SSD products. Maintain existing firmware and programming procedures. Document new firmware and support internal resources, such as manufacturing engineering and applications development, to write test and software verification programs. Assist Product Management and Project Managers in defining product specifications and project scope.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent is required. Advanced degrees are a plus. 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experience with embedded software development for computer peripherals in C or C++ is required. Specific experience with storage peripherals, particularly Serial ATA HDD and SSD, is desired.
- Experience with peripherals on Microsoft Windows and Linux is required. Knowledge of other embedded operating systems is a plus.
- Experience with Project Management and Scheduling Software such as Microsoft Project is also desired.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and activities, analyze complex technical problems and propose and/or implement actions to develop solutions.
- Strong English verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision to high level goals and direction .
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer