Firmware Engineers that have a proven track record of delivering creative solutions for high quality products in driven electro-mechanical products. A successful candidate will have the ability to apply engineering principles to moderately complex embedded applications to develop the best solution for the customer. Strong experience with the use of C and assembly in an embedded development environment is necessary. Experience with 32 bit microprocessors, assembly level programming, motor control and communications protocols is also very important. Having experience with USB, ethernet, WIFI and RTOS's is desirable. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with both internal and external teams. Ability to direct the work of technicians, or other engineers..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, develop, code, and document small modules as part of larger firmware projects.
Time estimate coding efforts.
Work with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers in the creation of project specifications.
Utilize structured coding techniques when developing code bases, and follow standard development practices.
Read schematics, utilize oscilloscopes, digital analyzers and other test equipment in the development and debugging of firmware designs.
Analyze electrical designs to make sure it meets the firmware needs.
Understand real time operating systems along with memory management techniques, threads of execution, thread synchronization, hardware initialization, sensor reading, and interacting with electromechanical devices.
Write device drivers, boot code, and interrupt service routines.
Setup and use software code debuggers for specific processors development environments used in Brady printers.
May direct outside resources in firmware development.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of embedded development experience preferrably in a printing technology. Must have good communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with implementing embedded operating systems such as Microsoft CE, Embedded Linux, Micrium, etc. on target hardware.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
- Great code development/design skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of .net and C# programming a plus
Knowledge and experience with creating and reading UML models a plus
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...