Crestron is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Offering integrated solutions to control audio, video, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate boardrooms, conference rooms, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes.
Crestron's leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. This culmination of loyalty, devotion and innovation is what our dealers refer to as "The Crestron Experience."
Crestron’s firmware team is looking for a talented and self-motivated engineer with strong embedded system knowledge and firmware development experience who can apply his/her expertise in embedded system's firmware design, development, and support for our next generation video distribution systems. As a member of the firmware development team, your daily activities will include the full lifecycle of design, develop, modify, test, debug, and support the new as well as the existing firmware for all our Digital Media products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time software
- Work closely with Hardware, and Software design engineers to solve cross-functional design issues.
- Responsible for bringing up new hardware platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current firmware/software systems including enhancements on features and performance, troubleshooting, and bug fixing;
- Integrating software applications with new firmware platforms and control systems
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
Skills and Education Requirements:
We need a creative engineer, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. You will have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. In addition we require:
- A minimum of 2 year of proven experience developing and debugging applications with a real time operating system
- Must have strong C and C++ programming skills
- Experience developing and debugging software for micro-controller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) are also beneficial.
- Experience with analog and digital video a plus
- Experience with Windows CE a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills detail
- Must be persistent, possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Must possess a strong team orientation
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Other duties as assigned
For more than 40 years, Crestron Electronics, Inc located in Rockleigh, NJ 07647 has been the world’s leading manufacturer of...