MagTek's vision is to bank, shop, work, play, communicate and exchange services in a safe and worry-free environment.
Our mission is to deliver MagneSafe™ secured devices and services across the globe to governments, financial
institutions, merchants, and parties committed to safer transactions. Our fraud fighting solutions are simple,
practical, scalable and cost effective. We strive to protect the identity, privacy, assets, and safety of our customers
and their customers.
Under minimal supervision, the Firmware Engineer is responsible for creating and debugging embedded controllers. Designs embedded code for microcontroller and microprocessor controlled systems to control hardware and electronic mechanisms such as motors and sensors. Other responsibilities involve conducting research and evaluation of new technologies in the area of embedded firmware development. Develop/maintain documentations on the build status of the code.
Location - Seal Beach, CA
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the development, test, release, and support of embedded firmware
- As required, must be able to write development plans and to define theory of operations
- Responsible for staying current with latest tools and techniques for embedded development
To apply for this position, please e-mail email@example.com
- BS degree in any of the following: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering required
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Must be proficient in C programming language. C++ knowledge is a plus
- Experience in structured design, OOD (e.g., code reusability), and best practices for embedded systems
- Ability to architect embedded firmware, from high level task scheduling to low level HALs
- Must be proficient in the use of various compilers, debuggers, and IDEs
- Must be able to understand and utilize various microprocessors, such as MSP430, 8051, ARM CortexM3/M4, ARM7, ARM9, …etc. DSP is a plus
- Thorough understanding of MCU peripherals (e.g., counters, PWM, ADC, …etc.)
- Must be experienced with standard communication protocols/data links such as UART, SPI, I2C. USB and Ethernet a plus
- Ability to work with test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, …etc.
- Must have the strong verbal, writing, and presentation skills
- Must have the ability to work within a team environment
MagTek - 15 months ago