This is a Firmware Engineering position at Super Micro Computer, Inc. – San Jose, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for porting, developing, testing, and maintaining firmware for Server System, work closely with the software and hardware teams to develop and integrate embedded code in a variety of processors: PICs, ARMs, etc.
The candidate must be motivated, ready for an opportunity to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- BS EE/CS/CE
- 2+ working experience in firmware development;
- Strong programming skills in C/C++, Java preferable;
- Experience in embedded Linux development;
- Experience in ARMs processors;
- Experience in IPMI protocol, virtual media and web server is a plus;
- TCP/IP network protocols and typical network operation practices is desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time
- Occasional bending and standing
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
- Lift, carry, push and pull in excess of 15 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Office environment shared with other staff members
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - 21 months ago