Responsible to work with branches, call center and members to generate first mortgage loan applications, drive purchase volume, maintain pipeline, meet minimum monthly volume requirements, and comply with all state/federal compliance regulations. Conduct over the phone and/or face to face loan interviews, council members on Bellco loan products, offer additional services and provide superior service throughout the loan process.
Reports to: Operations Manager – 1st Mortgage Lending
Contacts: Credit union members, various departments within Bellco with an emphasis on front line staff and those who initiate mortgage loan applications, vendors, other financial institutions, metro Denver area real estate professional.
Education: High school diploma, bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Prefer minimum 3 years in mortgage industry, prefer a minimum of two years
Origination experience. Knowledge of GSE underwriting guidelines and state and federal compliance requirements. Demonstrated sales ability/skills with a proven ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge. Proven ability to increase loan production month over month even in a down economy.
Skills: Strong sense of personal accountability
Demonstrated sales ability
Thorough knowledge of GSE products, FHA/VA experience preferred
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Ability to interact in a professional and positive manner
Must be able to meet deadlines and have time management skills
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update loan records via computer terminal
Ability to work in a team environment
Equipment: On-line computer terminal keyboard and visual monitor, financial calculator,
copy machine, fax machine, telephone, computer printer, scanner, and office
software programs i.e. Excel, Outlook etc.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time.
- Demonstrates Bellco’s WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members, vendors, visitors and personnel in other Bellco departments. (Customize to position.)
- Conduct a thorough interview with members to identify their financial needs and structure the mortgage application to best fit their need.
- Complete loan application; enter data into processing system to generate credit report and DU findings. Ability to analyze credit report, read DU findings and communicate with member’s required documents needed to proceed with loan application. Insure all appropriate disclosures and required documentation is issued within the required timeframes to meet compliance standards (HMDA, RESPA, and Reg Z).
- Follow up with members on required documentation needed to move loan into processing within required timeframes. Upload documents received into the processing system of record.
- Must meet minimum monthly closing volume of $1,000,000 month after first 90 days, $3,000,000 minimum quarterly after 6 months.
- Ability to accurately price all loans adhering to FNMA loan level pricing adjustments and Bellco’s pricing adjustments.
- Complete all initial calls within 48 hours of receipt of loan application.
- Work in tandem with loan processing staff and branch staff on status of loans, loan scenarios and product questions.
- Continuing educations through FNMA, MI companies, and Bellco University.
- Represent Bellco at CMLA and CUREN events.
- Attend loan closings as volume and coverage allows.
Varied hours, including overtime, may be necessary to maintain service levels and meet member’s needs.
Bellco Credit Union - 30+ days ago